12 June 2009

To be convinced

A few years back I started following a great woman's daily newsletter. She's a book publisher that also holds author writing classes. On top of that, for free, she gave away small tips and challenges to anyone wanting to participate.

I found this woman, Ann Ljungberg, through a swedish social network called Shortcut. At the time I studied project management and only had writing as a hobby. Since Shortcut focuses on helping people onwards in their careers, I stopped using it when I found my job. And Ann stopped sending her newsletter - because, of course, she started focusing on her blog and her core business :D Alas I lost the inspiration that Ann's sendouts had been - and as life goes, I got used to it and didn't think much of it.

Until yesterday! Being the book buff that I am, I'm following a lot of book publishers on Twitter, and suddenly @Piratforlaget said something to @AnnLjungberg! And here I am, today, answering her challenge... :-)

I'm now convinced that Twitter does good - despite most people displaying a not-so-mild skepticism - because not only does it help me find info about SEO and other online marketing related subject, it also put me in contact with Ann, once again - now that writing is a big part of what I do all day!

The web definitely gives us new writing challenges regarding style and expression, but for me it also embodies the chance to evolve and grow my capabilities as a copy writer - without loosing track of what writing "used" to be about!

2 comments:

  1. Ett roligt, annorlunda inlägg -blir särskilt glad över att träffa på en annan skrivpuffare som blandar engelska och svenska! //Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, please låt mig veta vad du hittar om Seasonal dilemmat. Vilken lyrisk beskrivning du gav av känslan!/Sofie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for getting involved! :)
Links, feedback, disagreements, pats-on-the-back etc. are more than welcome!

However I will look at comments before activating them, just to shift out inappropriate content - no other censorship should occur.