07 June 2009

Show me love

Watched an old concert with Robyn on TV tonight. It was shot in L.A. Seems unreal somehow, that Robyn, only 2 years older than me, and from Stockholm would be touring the world singing the songs she releases through her own record label.

I'm always amazed by people who make it. And normally I don't particulary care if it's pure marketing or pure genius that is the reason... Even if I do WANT to admire genuin people more, I tend to have a hard time getting past admiring a fake person that is a genius marketer ;-)

Robyn of course, is the real deal! (I hope...) She was discovered in the early 90's and made into a product... BUT, she decided she was more than a singer. So she started her own record label, since the one she had wanted to call the shots on what music she would make.
And it seems she made a smart choice, which probably means she could go to any record label and get the EXACT music she wanted, produced. That is authority built on pure genius :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for getting involved! :)
Links, feedback, disagreements, pats-on-the-back etc. are more than welcome!

However I will look at comments before activating them, just to shift out inappropriate content - no other censorship should occur.